Jan Pennings, the Netherlands

Breezand Show

March 17, 2008

Category: Show Results

Hello,

I didn’t show some pictures of the Breezand Flowershow…(de Lentetuin)

For the people who like it, here they are!

(the Lentetuin www.lentetuin.nl is every weekend in first weekend of march)

Groeten,
Joost Pennings & Family

7 responses to “Breezand Show”

1. j.s. pennings says:

lots of (big) hyacinths.

2. j.s. pennings says:

every year the show has a differnt ‘theme’.
    2008 it was Venice.

As you can see, with the “Rialto Bridge”

3. Phyllis Hess says:

As  usual your display is fabulous!!! What prize did you win this year. The fragrance there must be incredible!
    Congratulations to all Pennings team!
    Phyllis Hess

4. Hein Meeuwissen says:

Beautifull, And congratulations with your first prize in the show this year. I already wondered if you were going to show us some of it.

Regards, Hein

5. Brian Duncan, Northern Ireland Brian Duncan says:

Phyllis,
    The Pennings may be too modest to say but the won the top Award the Golden Bulb Flower Award I think it is called. This year the prize was a model replica of the Rialto Bridge. I think they had Best Hyacinth and second Best Daffodil in show (Border Beauty) – I I don’t know what all else. Just maybe Jan or Joost or Dick will tell us?
    brian

6. Melissa Reading says:

I don’t know the Dutch Language, but gather from the following sentence:
    Alles draait uiteindelijk om de prijs der prijzen: de Gouden Bolbloem.
    That there is a "prize of prizes" which some branch of the Pennings family often takes: see list following of year and winner.
    Winnaar Gouden Bolbloem
    Jaar
     Winnaar
    2000  Van der Veek/Weijers
    2001  C.G. van den Berg & Zn
    2002  J.S. Pennings
    2003  C.G. van den Berg & Zn
    2004  J.S. Pennings
    2005  Vof Th. A. Pennings & Zn
    2006  Vof Th. A. Pennings & Zn
    2007  W. van Lierop & Zn

This year’s prizes have not yet been listed where I can find them.
    Perhaps some more of this random guessing will help inspire Jan to enlighten us.
    Hearty congratulations to all the Pennings tribe.
    Melissa Reading

At 11:47 AM 3/17/2008, Brian S. Duncan wrote:

Phyllis,
    The Pennings may be too modest to say but the won the top Award the Golden Bulb Flower Award I think it is called. This year the prize was a model replica of the Rialto Bridge. I think they had Best Hyacinth and second Best Daffodil in show (Border Beauty) – I I don’t know what all else. Just maybe Jan or Joost or Dick will tell us?
    brian

7. Phyllis Hess says:

Brian,
    I suspected as much! How could they not with such a beautiful display. Jan once told me that Ans designs the displays and they carry out her theme. So; again Congratulations all!!
    Phyllis Hess