FW: sending on Donna D. photos

July 7, 2008

Category: General

Hi all – I’m sending this along for Donna Dietsch, who seems to have internet gremlins when it comes to sending images to DaffNet… Apologies for the delay; had to get back from vacation to my Outlook for the resizing function…  -s

From: Donna Dietsch [mailto: title=]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:23 PM
Hey Sara,
I have three pictures to send.  If you can’t do them easily, then do it when you get back to your office.  They will still be the last blooms in the northern hemisphere.
Send this with the pictures.
#1  Cameo Flush  2 O-O
#2  Blossom Lady  4 W-O
#3 Exquisite One  1 W-W
  All from Peter Ramsay.  The last daffodils in bloom in the Northern Hemisphere, unless someone has a later one.  Grown by — Donna Dietsch  Columbus Ohio

5 responses to “FW: sending on Donna D. photos”

1. David Liedlich says:

I am assuming that those blooms are all so late because they are being “turned around”.  Is this the case?

Dave Liedlich
    Connecticut

2. David Liedlich says:

Dave Liedlich
    Connecticut

3. Donna Dietsch says:
    Well, of course Dave,
    There is really no way other than that to have daffodils at the end of June.  However, they are so welcome at this time, just as the first early ones are welcome.  I thought they looked rather well, considering that it was nearly 90 when they were blooming.
    Donna
    David Liedlich < title=> wrote:
    Dave Liedlich
    Connecticut

4. David Liedlich says:

Donna;

I do know someone who once forgot to plant her daffodil bulbs in the fall.  She held them over the winter, planted them in the spring, and had daffodil blooms in July.  So I suppose there are a few ways to have really late blooms!

Dave