Bob Spotts, California

A prolific seedling of Manuel Lima – 4 December 2009

December 14, 2009

Categories: Daffodil Types, Hybridizing, Seedling, Winter Blooming Daffodils

Daffnetters,
This Lima seedling grows and divides well here. Notice the lobed cup – inherited from viridiflorus. The seed parent is unknown.
I’ve not considered the seedling worthy of a name – but perhaps its strong growth will change my mind.
Bob Spotts Oakley, California

5 responses to “A prolific seedling of Manuel Lima – 4 December 2009”

1. Jamie Vande says:

Robert,

I do rather like this cultivar.  If it is a prolific bloomer, it may well be worth registering.  The form and slightly wild effect are very attractive to my eyes.  I don’t know how common this look would be amongst hybrids and I do think one should not randomly register without some good reason, but, if the plant is important to your own hybridizing and has garden value, then I would register it. Do you know how much cold it will take?  How about ‘Spiders from Mars’ or ‘Plan 9 from Outerspace’?

Ciao für now,

Jamie V.
    Cologne

Robert Spotts schrieb:

" type="cite">Daffnetters,

Bob Spotts
     Oakley, California

=”4″ width=”90%”>

2. Donna Dietsch says:
    OH!  “Plan 9 from Outer Space”, one of my all time favorite movies.  It was the absolute worst science fiction movie ever made.  Jamie, you’re ok!
    Donna

3. Jamie Vande says:

Donna,

nice to know we’re not alone.

Jamie

Donna Dietsch schrieb:

" type="cite">

Donna

wrote:

4. Denis Dailey says:

"Attack of the Killer Tomatos" is a worse "worst movie." Denis

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Jamie Vande < title=> wrote:

Donna,

nice to know we're not alone.

Jamie

Donna Dietsch schrieb:

OH!  "Plan 9 from Outer Space", one of my all time favorite movies.  It was the absolute worst science fiction movie ever made.  Jamie, you're ok!
    Donna

— On Tue, 12/15/09, Jamie Vande < title=> wrote:

5. Jamie Vande says:

OK, a good second, if a bit silly (which is another category), but it doesn’t star Bela Lugosi, which brings lots of extra points!

Is this getting tooooo off-topic? >:o

Jamie

Denis Dailey schrieb:

" type="cite">“Attack of the Killer Tomatos” is a worse “worst movie.” Denis

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Jamie Vande < title=> wrote:

Donna,

nice to know we’re not alone.

Jamie