Sue Luken, Indiana

Help please. ADS Awards (show)

February 16, 2014

Categories: General, Judging, Publications and Resources, Shows

Is there a list of all of the ADS Show Awards somewhere in the DaffLibrary? I’ve looked and looked for a list of all awards and can’t find one.

Please point me in the right direction.

Tia.

7 responses to “Help please. ADS Awards (show)”

1. Lynn Slackman, Missouri Lynn Slackman, Missouri says:

Hi Sue…you can find a list of the American Daffodil Society Awards under the References navigation tab on the ADS website.

They can be found in the ‘National Show Schedule Template’ or ‘Regional and Local Show Schedule’, found on the ‘National Show, Templates and Forms’ or the ‘Regional and Local Show Templates and Forms’ pages.

Thanks…Lynn Slackman

2. Sue Luken, Indiana Sue Luken, Indiana says:

Oh Lynn, you are my hero!

I found it, and will print it out and date it and keep it handy with my Show and Grow.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

3. Sue Luken, Indiana Sue Luken, Indiana says:

Another question then.  In looking at the Regional and Local Show Schedule template, it lists

John Van Beck Medal: Best pre-1940 cultivar in Historic Section as opposed to Historic Ribbon for the best pre-1940 cultivar.

Is that an error on the Show Template?

4. Loyce McKenzie, Mississippi Loyce McKenzie, Mississippi says:

Isn’t the John Van Beck Medal only given at the National Show for the best pre-Historic  cultivar? At a Regional or local show it would just be the Historic Ribbon?

Loyce McKenzie

5. Nancy Tackett, California Nancy Tackett, California says:

Thank you Sue!  You are correct, the John Van Beck Medal is only given at National Shows and I hope someday to win it!

The Regional/Local Show Schedule template on the ADS website no longer has this medal listed.

See you soon,
    Nancy

6. Sue Luken, Indiana Sue Luken, Indiana says:

Thank you both and you’re welcome Nancy.

I just checked the Schedule Template and it hasn’t updated yet.  I’ll check it again later or tomorrow.

Sue

7. Sue Luken, Indiana Sue Luken, Indiana says:

Now I see it as updated.

Thanks!