ADS Executive Director

December Journal

January 12, 2019

Categories: American Daffodil Society, General

Good morning everyone

I’ve received 2 emails from Georgians who haven’t received their December Journal. This makes me curious if a larger problem hasn’t happened. Are their others in the great state of Georgia (or elsewhere) who haven’t received their Journal yet? Let me know and I will zip one in the mail

frank

Just a little Matador 8y-goo (Oregon Bulbs Farm 1958) to brighten you day – – -mine has never had yellow petals hmmmm

10 responses to “December Journal”

1. Jolene Laughlin, Louisiana Jolene Laughlin says:

Hi Frank – it seems like many of us haven’t gotten our Dec. issues by regular mail. I think that Carolyn Hawkins said she didn’t have hers yet. Mine hasn’t arrived yet either. Back up due to holiday mail or something else? I’m not sure, but I don’t think USPS has any tracking info on them, unfortunately. Maybe we should ask Teresa?

I’ll let you know when mine by regular subscription arrives.

– Jolene

Sent from my iPhone

2. Darrin Ellis-May, Georgia Darrin Ellis-May says:

Frank, I’ve not received mine.
    Darrin Ellis-May

3. Margaret Macneale, Minnesota Margaret Macneale, Minnesota says:

I got mine here in Minnesota over a week ago!  I think it was December 31st, actually  At least 2 other Minnesotans, I know, have also received theirs.

Margaret Macneale

4. Linda Wallpe, Ohio says:

Mine arrived here in Cincinnati about a week ago also.

5. David Adams, New Zealand says:

To me Matador holds it’s flowers upright at 90* to the ground. The flower formation you show also casts doubt to me as to the correct naming.

6. Robert Moore, Scotland Robert Moore, Scotland says:

Hi Folks
    The December Journal arrived in Scotland today.

7. ADS Executive Director ADS Executive Director says:

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It seems the problem may not be as bad as I feared. Do let me know if you need me to mail a copy.

Yes, there are some very funny stories about the woman I first began buying bulbs from in the early 1980s. The one I have as Matador comes from that time. This is a nice flower. It just isn’t Matador.

frank

8. Jolene Laughlin, Louisiana Jolene Laughlin says:

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the update. If US people weren’t getting theirs, we weren’t sure who else might not have theirs yet either!

Best wishes,

Jolene

9. David Adams, New Zealand says:

December Journal arrived in Christchurch this morning, Thurs 17th Jan.
    Dave

10. ADS Executive Director ADS Executive Director says:

I knew it took some time for international posts but that was a long time Dave. Sorry the system is so slow. I’m just glad you received your copy. Enjoy