Clay Higgins, New Jersey

New Jersey

September 17, 2019

Categories: American Daffodil Society, Daffodil Enthusiasts, General, Societies and groups

Hi folks,

Just to inform those that know Franca “Fran” Bozievich Higgins, my wife the daughter of Marie Bozievich, has been in the hospital since September 6, 2019 with severe pneumonia.  We nearly lost her but she came through with an operation on her lungs and they got the infection out.  But she is getting better and is being transferred today to a hospice type care for recovery for the next two week.  I’m not sure where she is going, yet, it’s very early here, but it is a rehabilitation type facility as she is very weak and will have to learn to walk again after being bed ridden for the last 10-11 days.

I will not be available on the computer for the remainder of the day because I will be with her getting her transferred.  Sorry about posting so late but we are very private in our lives.

Pin It

22 Responses to New Jersey

1. Brian Duncan, Northern Ireland
    Brian Duncan, Northern Ireland
    September 17, 2019 at 4:13 am

Clay,

So sorry to hear about Fran’s illness. I trust she will make a rapid and complete recovery.

Please pass on my best wishes. She was very kind in coming to see me as I lay in Fairfax hospital

with pneumonia after one of the ADS Conventions – I can’t remember how many years ago.?

I have many lovely memories of meetings with her mother Marie at conventions and who once came to stay with us.

Brian

2. Jackie Turbidy, Georgia
    September 17, 2019 at 4:46 am

Clay, I send you and Fran the very best wishes for a steady recovery. Hard
    to believe pneumonia can pin you down that like that.
    Jackie Turbidy

3. Mary Lou Gripshover, Ohio
    Mary Lou Gripshover, Ohio
    September 17, 2019 at 7:21 am

Clay,

I’m so sorry to hear about Fran’s illness.  Please give her my best wishes for a complete recovery.  I know there’s a long road ahead of you both.  Be strong.

Mary Lou

4. Becky Fox Matthews, Tennessee
    Becky Fox Matthews, Tennessee
    September 17, 2019 at 8:19 am

Clay, sending lots of positive thoughts for Fran’s recovery! So sorry to hear of her illness.

5. Suzy Wert, Indiana
    September 17, 2019 at 10:18 am

Clay,
    Please give Fran my warmest regards and my hope she will get well and strong as quickly as possible! Pneumonia is nothing to fool around with!
    Suzy

6. Nancy Tackett, California
    Nancy Tackett, California
    September 17, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Clay,

Ben and I wish Fran the very best and a speedy recovery and hope she will be able to be back home very soon.

Nancy

7. Richard and Elise Havens, Oregon
    September 17, 2019 at 4:48 pm

I am so sorry to hear of Fran’s pneumonia and hope and pray for a full recovery and soon.

With my best to you, Clay,
    Elise Havens

8. Nancy Fuchs, Virginia
    September 17, 2019 at 4:54 pm

I’ll never forget Fran’s warm welcome I received in North Carolina and all the years afterward. She is a treasure and I hope she’s on the road to recovery.

9. Beverly Barbour, North Carolina
    September 17, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Clay. Warmest “get well soon” wishes to Fran. I hope for a full and
    speedy recovery. Wishing you both the very best.

Beverly Barbour

10. Lewis Turner, Maryland
    Lewis Turner, Maryland
    September 17, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Though I do not know Clay and his wife personally, it has been moving to see such a warm response from those in the Daffodil Society during a time like this for Clay.  I know that is a real encouragement to Clay, and we will be praying for you, Clay and for Fran’s recovery.

11. Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    September 18, 2019 at 3:44 am

Thanks to all that sent responses to my post about Fran. She had a minor set-back yesterday and was not transferred to the rehab/hospice center. Hopefully today. Fran really enjoys our daffodil friends and I will pass along to her all the comments.

Brian Duncan thanks for your comments. Fran has great memories of you, her mom, and others at daffodil conventions. I am trying to get her into the extended care facility today and will post that information when it happens. She would love to her from our daffodil friends.

12. Glenna Graves, Virginia
    September 18, 2019 at 4:18 am

Thank you Clay for the updates. Thinking of Fran and wishing her a speedy recovery!

13. Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    September 19, 2019 at 3:34 am

Thanks Glenna,

Fran was finally transferred to a rehab center yesterday late. She is too weak to walk on her own. Pneumonia is a lot more dangerous than most people really know. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

She asked me to not post her address at the rehab center as she doesn’t want to be loaded down with cards and stuff. However, if anyone wants to, send to our P.O. Box 610, Howell, NJ 07731 Fran has really enjoyed the daffodil society friends over the years and she loves going to shows, conventions, and working in the shows.

14. Janet Hickman, Virginia
    September 19, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Clay, I’m so sorry to learn of Fran’s illness.  She has been such a kind and welcoming presence at every daffodil gathering.  She is definitely in my prayers.  Best wishes for a steady recovery.

Janet

15. Jolene Laughlin, Louisiana
    Jolene Laughlin, Louisiana
    September 22, 2019 at 10:01 am

Hi Clay,
    I’m sorry to hear that Fran has been feeling so poorly. I hope that she is fully on the mend now. Let her know she is in our prayers and we are sending her warm wishes.
    Sincerely,
    Jolene Laughlin

16. Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    September 25, 2019 at 3:29 am

Thank you Jolene.

17. Ceci Brown, Virginia
    September 25, 2019 at 5:51 am

Hey clay and fran….so sorry for fran illness. I hope she will recover quickly. I can sympathize. Ceci

18. Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    October 14, 2019 at 7:39 am

I want to thank everyone that responded to Fran Bozievich Higgins being in the hospital with pneumonia.  She back home with continuing home heath care as of Oct 11, 2019.  About 6 weeks in the hospital and in rehab.

She is not over this yet.  Fran lost a third of her right lung from the pneumonia and the 60 years of smoking, however, she is on the road to recovery.  It will take a few more months of home care to get her back up to “snuff.” She quit smoking 2 years ago.

This is a new one for me, Fran has always been so energetic that when we are out walking or shopping she was always having to wait for me.  Now I’m having to be patient and wait for her.  I hope she gets back to waiting on me to catch up.

19. Mary Lou Gripshover, Ohio
    Mary Lou Gripshover, Ohio
    October 14, 2019 at 9:48 am

Clay,

So glad to hear she’s home now.  Seems like recovery always goes better once you’re home.

Mary Lou

20. Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    Clay Higgins, New Jersey
    October 14, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Thank you Mary Lou and all those who know and have been concerned about Fran.

21. Janet Hickman, Virginia
    October 15, 2019 at 8:43 am

Clay, that’s good news that she’s home.  Please give her my best wishes for steady recovery.

Janet

22. Becky Fox Matthews, Tennessee
    Becky Fox Matthews, Tennessee
    October 15, 2019 at 2:28 pm

So glad Fran is back home and on the mend! Please give her my best.